While each Valley can trace its establishment to documents known as Charters, the Valley of Pensacola can trace its humble beginnings to documents which established itself as Omar Lodge of Perfection No. 8 in Pensacola in 1905. The Omar Consistory was located at the then Escambia Lodge #15 on the corner of Garden Street and Palafox Street. In 1922 the first “owned” building of the Valley was purchased. The E.A. Perry Mansion on the corner of the Palafox and Wright Streets became the Scottish Rite Masonic Center. In 1955, the Statutes of the Supreme Council changed which required Valleys to change their name to reflect the name of their city in which they operated. It was then that the Valley of Pensacola was so named.
On October 29, 2008, the Scottish Rite Building Association closed on the sale of the Scottish Rite Masonic Center, located at 2 E. Wright Street, to the First United Methodist Church of Pensacola.
The Scottish Rite Building Association then entered into negotiations with the York Rite Bodies of Pensacola to purchase their building at 189 W. Airport Blvd. The Building Association closed the sale on December 10, 2008. An expansion project was undergone to add 5000 sq ft to the present building. The project included expanding the existing dining room, adding a suite of offices to the front of the existing building, and adding a storage room to the rear of the building.
The Scottish Rite Building Association awarded the renovation contract to the F. E. Booker Construction Company and ground was broken in June 2009. Construction was completed and the Valley of Pensacola occupied the newly renovated building on March 4, 2010.
The building was named the Pensacola Masonic Center and is home to the Valley of Pensacola, Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction of the U.S.A.; the York Rite Bodies of Pensacola; and Pensacola Lodge No. 42, F. & A.M. of Florida.
It is our sincere hope that this beautiful building will give Pensacola Masonic organizations a home far into the future.